- Total revenues were $2.72 billion, GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA was $7.20 and non-GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA was $7.06, each finishing above the respective guidance ranges;
- Cash flow from operating activities for the quarter and 12 months ended Sept. 30, 2022 were $1.01 billion and $3.46 billion, respectively; and
- Capital returns for the quarter and 12 months ended Sept. 30, 2022 were $277.8 million and $5.22 billion, respectively
MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — KLA Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC) announced financial and operating results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2023, which ended on Sept. 30, 2022, and reported GAAP net income attributable to KLA of $1.03 billion and GAAP earnings per diluted share attributable to KLA of $7.20 on revenue of $2.72 billion.
“KLA’s September quarter results were at the high-end or above the midpoint of our guidance ranges for revenue, non-GAAP gross margin and GAAP and non-GAAP EPS, exhibiting the consistency we are known for and the unique value KLA delivers to our customers,” commented Rick Wallace, president and chief executive officer of KLA Corporation. “Despite signs of weakness across a broad set of electronics end markets and an increasingly challenging macro-economic backdrop, our December quarter outlook for sequential growth underscores the resiliency of our business and the strong demand for our critical products and services.”
|Q1 FY 2023||Q4 FY 2022||Q1 FY 2022|
|Total Revenue||$2,724 million||$2,487 million||$2,084 million|
|Net Income Attributable to KLA||$1,026 million||$805 million||$1,068 million|
|Net Income per Diluted Share Attributable to KLA||$7.20||$5.40||$6.96|
|Q1 FY 2023||Q4 FY 2022||Q1 FY 2022|
|Net Income Attributable to KLA||$1,007 million||$867 million||$712 million|
|Net Income per Diluted Share Attributable to KLA||$7.06||$5.81||$4.64|
A reconciliation between GAAP operating results and non-GAAP operating results is provided following the financial statements included in this release. KLA will discuss the results for its fiscal year 2023 first quarter. A webcast of the call will be available at: www.kla.com.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2023 Guidance
The following details our guidance for the second quarter of fiscal 2023 ending in December:
- Total revenues between $2,650 million to $2,950 million
- GAAP gross margin is expected to be in a range of 59.8% to 62.0%
- Non-GAAP gross margin is expected to be in a range of 61.5% to 63.5%
- GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA is expected to be in a range of $5.94 to $7.34
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA in a range of $6.30 to $7.70
For additional details and assumptions underlying our guidance metrics, please see the company’s published Letter to Shareholders, Earnings Slide Presentation and Earnings Infographic on the KLA investor relations website. Such Letter to Shareholders, Earnings Slide Presentation and Earnings Infographic are not incorporated by reference into this earnings release.
KLA Corporation (“KLA”) develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward. Investors and others should note that KLA announces material financial information including SEC filings, press releases, public earnings calls and conference webcasts using an investor relations website (ir.kla.com). Additional information may be found at: www.kla.com.